- Organizations and residences are rare, and their price is an additional obstacle. Whereas the minimum pension is €628 (versus € 1,200 on average), any retirement home costs a minimum of €2,000 a month.
- This automatically makes the ageing population all the more dependent on family. For underprivileged or marginalised people this traditional support system does not exist.
- Ageing people demonstrate huge cultural differences in the way they consider death.
- To detect and understand needs before total dependence in order to provide gradual answers and slow down regression. We must provide answers in order to maintain ageing people at home as long as they are able and so desire.
- Palliative treatment should not mean moving very aged people into a care home. Some people only need temporary intensive care in order to then stay home a bit longer.
- Regarding ethical and spiritual concerns, we should create a warm environment and take cultural differences into account, in the way we consider death and end-of-life.