For all children.
To design and implement child development projects aimed at maximizing diversity and providing flextime to parents. Our infrastructures should welcome and adapt to children’s individual needs, regardless of their parents’ income, social status or job constraints.
Le toboggan day-care centre, Paris
The team working at Le Toboggan cares that all children are welcomed so that their parents can work with peace of mind. As a consequence, Le Toboggan’s missions are to:
1. Listen and bring the child towards increasing socialization and autonomy in a collective and secure environment, while respecting their individual needs and tastes
2. Put families at the heart of the organization
3. Provide several choices, such as regular, occasional or emergency day-care. Registration is required by Internet or phone, and places are allocated according to annually set criteria.
- 40 years of experience • Annual budget: €12,000,000
- 250 employees
- 26 day-care centres
- Capacity for 700 children
- More than 1,000 families every week
- Multidisciplinary teams in every centre: 1 manager, 1 house cleaner, 1 paediatric nurse, 1 physician, 1 psychologist, and primary youth workers according to the number of children
- Crescendo either creates day-care centres from scratch, answers calls for tender from local authorities or firms, or responds to requests from parent associations.
- Each centre meets the most demanding environmental standards and stresses architecture and interior design.
Parents often feel powerless faced with their children’s needs or behaviour. As a day-care centre, our mission is to restore confidence and reassure them of their capability to address these needs. This is why all our centres make sure that all parents can share their individual concerns with our teams on a daily basis. They may do so when dropping off their children every day, or at monthly meetings where questions are freely discussed. Nevertheless, when these needs surpass our expertise and mission, we provide information about existing support organizations (e.g. allowances and subsidies, medical and social assistance) and direct these parents to the appropriate organizations.