Aids, Hepatitis and related diseases
- STD-positive populations have to deal with both their medical diagnosis and social issues due to the professional and social exclusion.
- Although AIDS research and awareness keep growing, prevention must be ensured. As a matter of fact, a relapse phenomenon has been often observed.
- Access to health and social services is still denied for many due either to the lack of information or registration, the socially disadvantaged are usually more prone to illness.
- Combating AIDS and STDs is not just a struggle against a virus: combating AIDS is also about fighting related discrimination.
- As a consequence, we should favour a multidisciplinary approach for each HIV-positive individual on his or her own.
CEO International Action | Real Estate
Executive Director - GROUPE SOS International Action