Our economic model
For nearly 40 years, Groupe SOS has built a pioneering organisation with shared management skills, enabling it to fully embrace the ambitions of the Social and Solidarity Economy. This model is based on diversified activities and the pooling of their support functions allows the Group to evolve and adapt quickly, in line with the specific features of its different activities.
Because of its size, Groupe SOS can also implement, in full transparency, financial solidarity schemes between its entities to compensate the economic difficulties they may encounter from time to time. This ensures the group’s independence.
Groupe SOS carries out two types of activities:
Activities managed under the control of public authorities (municipalities, departments, regions, State):
- Social and medical-social facilities for people suffering from disabilities, exclusion… Groupe SOS Solidarités (Solidarity)
- Social facilities for children’s social welfare and for the judicial supervision of young people. Groupe SOS Jeunesse (Youth)
- Health and medical-social facilities: non-profit hospitals, nursing homes, etc. Groupe SOS Santé (Health) and Groupe SOS Seniors
- Day care centers and schools
- Sustainable Shops and Services; International Action; Culture; Environmental Transition and Local Action
In 2022, Groupe SOS’s budget is 1.5 billion euros. This figure is the sum of the budgets (salaries, expenses, etc.) of all the organisations and social enterprises that make up Groupe SOS.
This should not be confused with the result: Groupe SOS’s 2021 result is +5 million euros, or about 0.4% of the total budget. Groupe SOS’s result has been stable for several years, ranging from 0 to 10 million euros.
Groupe SOS has no shareholders. No dividends are paid out: each year, all earnings are reinvested or saved. Those savings allow Groupe SOS to provide cash flow to entities in need, or, like in 2021, to distribute public grants to its staff even before their inclusion in operational budgets.